Reading Notes: Homer's Iliad, Part B

Hera commanding the sun to set
Source: Un-Textbook
This reading started out with the fight for the body of Patroclus. Hector took the armor of Patroclus which was from his enemy, Achilles, and wore it himself. This was extremely disrespectful to Achilles and I thought was a very big power move for Hector really helping the tension of the story as the climax approaches. During the story it talks about Achilles horses not listening to anyone and crying due to the death of Patroclus. I thought this was kind of weird and I don't see the point of telling this in the story. I thought the battle between Achilles and Hector was done very well. The detail about the fight made me feel as if I was there, also the way it was worded made me really be able to feel the tension between the two. A big focus that I want to have on my story is detail that allows the reader to really engage into the story. Also I thought that the killing of Hector really made the story better adding more suspense and surprise, even though it was sad I believe it was best for the story. I want to have some dramatic jaw dropping part in my story. After the fight the war eventually ended in a truce between both the sides. I was not personally too fond of this ending. I wish there would have been a clear winner because with a true I feel as if I didn't get any satisfaction from the ending of the story. If I would to rewrite it I would have one side win and conquer the other completely.

Bibliography: Homer's Iliad retold by Alfred J. Church

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: A story all about me!

week 4 story: The Favorite Child