Growth Mindset

I may fail but i am never a failure cat meme
Source: Growthmindset

Before today i have never heard of the TED talk about Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck but after watching it i find the topic very interesting. I find that not celebrating results like letter grades and encouraging the process to grow is a much better way to live life. when results are all that is care about it becomes a closed minded path in which people just do what it takes to get the best results. When the process is encouraged and the student is is encouraged to learn and grow then much better results come from it. This is actually something i have noticed while study here at the University of Oklahoma. As classes got harder in my major i realized that i can no longer just sit down, learn, and hope for the best. I've learned that I need to actually sit down and get into what i'm learning and feel rewarded from the growth i'm making in the major and from this my results have improved in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: A story all about me!

week 4 story: The Favorite Child